Russian Red Seed Garlic – Preorder for Fall Planting
Originally from Doukhobor, Russia. The standard of flavor in the Rocambole garlics. The raw flavor is intense and big upfront. Heat is long-lasting like a hot pepper. The aftertaste is pleasant non-sulfurous. Many claim it to be the perfect garlic flavor. Huge bulbs with beautiful purple wrappers. Bulbs average 3 inches in diameter and contain 6 to 8 cloves. Russian Red is one of the more thrifty bulb producers on a wide range of soils and is reliably hardy anywhere in the Northern U.S. Stores 6 to 7 months.
When will it ship?
- Fall garlic ordered in January-March, ships September 1 – 7
- Fall garlic ordered in April-May, ships in September 7 – 14
- Fall garlic ordered in June-July, ships September 14 – 21
- Fall garlic ordered in August, ships September 21 – October 1
- Fall garlic ordered in Sept, ships October 1 – 14